Important: Please read these rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION, AND WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING
- Eligibility. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL U.S. CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO AND WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND WILL ROLLINS FOR CONGRESS (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidate, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. (all times Pacific Time) on September 21, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on September 30, 2023 (the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive the following prize package (the “Prize”)
- Lunch with The Hon. Barbara Boxer and Will Rollins, plus a guest, at a location to be determined in Rancho Mirage, CA.
The approximate retail value of the entire Prize is: $200. Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the location of the lunch. Winner is solely responsible for all transportation, lodging, and other expenses associated with traveling to and from the lunch.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner winner’s guest, (b) two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the winner fails to respond to Sponsor within the time provided in Section 8, (d) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the Prize, (e) the winner or winner’s guest does not pass the background check conducted by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion (see Section 8), or (f) the Prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit https://secure.ngpvan.com/jIFSTl2DcEq4SLgANb4g9w2 or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Contribution Method: To enter by contributing to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/wr-lunch-q3-2023 or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter and entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the Prize. All contributions are subjects to the limitations and prohibitions of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, as amended. An individual may contribute up to $3,300 per election. Contributions in excess of this amount, or in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals, are prohibited.
- Selection of Winner. The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at 10:00 am P.T. virtually on October 1, 2023. Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail by October 8, 2023. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions contained in their notification, must confirm winner’s attendance to Sponsor, and must identify potential guests to sponsor within 2 hours of notification. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 2, 2023 and before October 2, 2024 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: LUNCH WITH WILL ROLLINS AND SENATOR BARBARA BOXER Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: LUNCH WITH WILL ROLLINS AND SENATOR BARBARA BOXER Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Will Rollins for Congress. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to [email protected] or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: LUNCH WITH WILL ROLLINS AND SENATOR BARBARA BOXER Questions.
- Sponsor: Will Rollins for Congress, PO Box 6282, 414 W Grand Blvd, Corona, CA.