Riverside County, and especially the Coachella Valley, is home to many retirees and seniors. As your Congressman, I will fight to protect and expand Medicare and Social Security from Republican attempts to cut funding for these programs for our seniors.
My opponent Ken Calvert keeps giving tax breaks to the rich, rather than standing up to protect older Americans. He opposes allowing Medicare to negotiate with the drug companies to lower drug costs for seniors. I will prioritize legislation that supports seniors in Riverside County.
- Strengthen retirement income security by increasing Social Security benefits for all beneficiaries;
- Reduce prescription drug costs for seniors;
- Lower the Medicare eligibility age and expand Medicare dental and vision benefits to help older Americans gain access to these important services;
- Ensure the Department of Veterans Affairs has the resources to provide the highest-quality medical care and support to our veterans;
- Expand Medicaid home- and community-based services in order to help seniors and others in need of long-term care services remain in their homes and communities; and
- Hold corporate nursing homes accountable to ensure our seniors get quality care.
Will Rollins is endorsed by the Alliance for Retired Americans.